This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

S2 Scale does not use impendance to measure BF% instead a algorithm based on weight, age and sex alone!

Just got the index S2 today, what a joke product.  Quickly confirmed that if you set your activity level to 5 , it only uses weight (and the stored age / sex) input to provide BF%: 

The algorithm used seems to be: 

Body fat % (Adults) = (1.20 × BMI) + (0.23 × Age) - (10.8 × sex) − 5.4

where sex is 1 for males and 0 for females.

Anyone else can confirm this? 

Very disappointing and I would guess bordering to illegal to market this scale as actually using impendance measures? Maybe the software is broken and fails to get impendance data and just falls back to use weight? And Garmin is not fixing it? Mind boggling ..  

• I don't care about body composition metrics either. However, if you step on a scale and it works only 50% of the time then it is a piece of junk. The other 50% I had to remove the batteries, reinsert the batteries and try again. If that didn't work, I had to remove the batteries, clean the surface really carefully, reinsert the batteries and try again. That's junk. In the end I started jumping on it. That seemed to work ... until the last time.

• No answer on this from garmin?!

• If they haven't been addressing it at all for the last 2 years, I'm not sure why you think something would change in the last two weeks Laughing