This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Fitness age metric influenced by incorrect BF% from S2

So Garmin introduced a new Fitness age screen (under the VO2 max) and it takes into account your BF% from the Index S2 and we all know that it doesn't work.

I'm 168cm, 66 kg, run+swim 7 days per week/10-11h and S2 telling me that I'm overweight with 19.5% BF

Seriously Garmin what's wrong with you, add a checkbox "do not include BF from S2 scales because we *** up".

How is this even possible that QA hasn't seen this issue, do you guys all have 19.5%BF out there?

This is unacceptable where is the statement about faulty S2?

Give us the ability to disable the bf metric.

• I am 174 cm, 68 Kg and S2 is telling me that I am overfat! I was trainig for an ultra when I have found out that I have hip osteoarthritis so I do not run long distances anymore and I am not in marathon shape but I am not overfat. I can see my ribs and there is some fat on my belly but I wear s size shirts and 30" pants are a little too large. You are not the only one, see here: forums.garmin.com/.../body-fat-is-a-way-off-part3

• I came here to comment about the same. Now Garmin's Fitness Age page tells me that my fitness could be reduced if my body fat % was lower, which comes from the faulty Index S2 in the first pace. It also tells me to do more cardio to burn fat.

WTF Garmin! I have just trained for and finished a 100 mile ultramarathon. How much more cardio you expect me to do? You have all the data. Fix your scale to produce correct BF%, then give recommendations! As it is implemented now, this fitness age has absolutely no credibility. 

• I’m having the same problem. My scale is telling me my body fat is 40% when it’s more likely under 15% at the moment. I only just bought it so it looks like it’s going back