This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Index S2 does not recognize me

Hello,

I have setup the Index S2 with my 4 letter long user name but it does not recognize me.

It shows the symbol for the guest with the question mark.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a solution? I tried resetting but with no luck.

Thank you

• I just unpacked and setup my scale today.  Same problem.  Any solutions?

• Firstly I managed to connect scales to internet via my phone hotspot and it finally began recognise me. I then transferred it to my home wifi and it finally works as advertised. 

Don’t like the readings it is giving me but that’s another matter - just need to eat better and do some exercise. 

• I have the same issue. Just bought this and day 1 it doesn’t recognize me. Shows set-up complete in Connect and I have several decodes set up there (Fenix 6, XS200 pedals). Just shows a question mark after recording my weight. Help?!?

• Hello,

You wrote about a case opened. What is the status?

Thank you

• I bought new scale and it doesn’t sync with Connect. Shows just a “?” When I get off scale. 

• Hi! I’m having the same problem. I was just given a new scale and same thing is happening. This is my email if u can contact me in order to find a solution please. My name is Paola 

Moderator's note - removed email to comply with forum policies. Adding . Suggest reaching out to Garmin Support directly https://support.garmin.com

• I am having the same problem. Did this ever get resolved?

• I did but I cannot recall how. I believe I just reinstalled Garmin Connect and restarted the scale. There was no magic bullet I can remember. 

• I had this, think it started when I changed phones. I removed the index s2 from my garmin account, reset it, and added it again and all is good.

• I just observed a variation that may be helpful.  I upgraded to a new watch (Epix, in case that is relevant), and had the watch connected via WiFi while it downloaded Topo map data.  While that was going on [and who would have guessed there would be any interaction], I stepped on my S2. It displayed a weight, but then sort of crashed and never displayed the other metrics (that weigh-in never appeared in Garmin Connect).  Stepping on the scale again, it displayed the flashing pair of footprints with a question mark between.  I tried several times, including some attempts after pressing and holding the S2 reset button - no joy.  I waited until the watch finished its map download, and then reset the S2 again, and the subsequent weighing worked exactly as expected.  I don't even know that the S2 reset operations were necessary].  I can't really imagine how the watch and S2 WiFi uses would compete/interfere, but it might bear investigation, especially for those who keep their watch set to use WiFi (I routinely disable the watch from synch via Wifi, instead only syncing to my phone when I enable bluetooth on the phone).  Cheers.