This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Index S2 does not recognize me

Hello,

I have setup the Index S2 with my 4 letter long user name but it does not recognize me.

It shows the symbol for the guest with the question mark.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a solution? I tried resetting but with no luck.

Thank you

• I have experienced the same problem, randomly.  I reset my scale and removed and re-added it to Connect and still the same, occasionally.

• Any news with the email?

And yes, there are several buyers here having the same problem. All should be added to your email list.

• Hello,

I have some news. The problem seems to be connected to the network used:

- when testing with my WiFi router connecting me to ISP, it does not work

- when testing with WiFi from my mobile phone hot spot, it works

I am not sure what is the problem, anyone has any ideas?

Thank you

• My problem is not that the data doesn't transfer to Connect, it is that it is not recognizing me on the scale for anything but weight.  It happened again once this morning.  Even if it only gives me weight and no other metrics it still transfers right away.

• The same happen to me, only with mobile hubspot works fine

• I'm having the exact same problem: no sync on home broadband, just endless hourglass+sync icon spinning, syncs okay through mobile tether. Any suggestions yet as to what the issue might be or how to fix?

• Any solution on this? My scale arrived today but it doesn't select my user after finishing the initial setup process. Data are not synced to GC. Just the guest icon is appearing on screen. 

Already reset the scale and also tried to add an additional WIFI/Hotspot without success. 

Edit: Again I did a factory reset and paired the hotspot first. Then added my home's WIFI and voila my name appeared on the display. Seems to be a little buggy. 

Edit two: If I remove the hotspot, data to GC won't be synced any more. There is no green check in the display. Seems that there is no reliable connection on my home's WIFI. Garmin please fix that, otherwise I have to return my scale. 

• Hi, I am in the same boat. I managed to get the scales to realise who I was by using the hotspot on my phone, but I can’t get the scales to tell my connect app anything. 

Has anyone got any satisfaction from Garmin as yet?

• I have the same issue - is there a solution?  I don't know why it lists me as anonymous.  I am signed in.

• I got my scale last week and my husband and I have been unable to get it to recognize either of us. Just constantly flashes the guest.