This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Better than version 1?

I've had the first version for a few years now and like it.  Why do I need the updated version?  It looks like it has the same functions.

• I'm in the same situation... my original Index scale has worked just fine and transfers data to my Connect app reliability.  Will have to wait to see how S2 is better.

• Reading 's review, not a huge difference. Garmin Index S2 Smart WiFi Connected Scale In-Depth Review

• Added new color screen
    • Added weight trend to show 30 days of data
    • Added previous weigh-in vs current weigh-in data difference to screen
    • Added ability to customize which data (widgets) are shown on scale
    • Increased sensitivity of sensors
    • Tweaked some algorithms related to body fat & other impedance-based measurements (based on increased sensitivity of sensors)
    • Can now connect up to 7 WiFi Networks
    • Reduced scale size (dimensions) very slightly
    • Changed from AA batteries to AAA batteries
  • I like the latest and greatest, but there isn't enough of a difference.  Not really sure how much a scale can be improved, it's just a scale.

• I like the latest and greatest,

Same. However, I've had the withings scale for 10 years and it has been flawless. Although, integrating it into Garmin Connect is not the most intuitive. I've been using MyFitnessPal to link Garmin Connect with the withings app. Figured I'd go with the new Index S2. Should have it in a few days.

• The reason to change from s1 to S2 because you can check the weather. It is the most important reason. :-)))))

• I have been waiting for this for over a year!  I didn't want to buy the original version because I heard they were coming out with a new one but it took forever!  I ordered mine on the first day and then a couple days later I got an email from Garmin apologizing because a glitch in their system cancelled my order!  I had already paid for it too.  But I did get an email saying I should have the refund quickly and I placed my second order.  How frustrating.  But I can't wait to get it!  I like that it will show you the difference since your last weigh-in and the weight trend graph too because I am currently losing weight.

• Are the v1 owner, with the broken fat % reading, since ever, getting this one for free? I'm still disappointed that I bought a expensive scale that never worked and never was fixed. And the support never answered back after the 10 time with we are escalating the issue internally... Really very disappointed till today. 

• Wooow. Have to change then. Only thing the first generation do right is the weight itself and the BMI. All other parameters is only fake. But easy as it transfer automatic to Garmin Connect. When it’s time for a change it will be a cheap scale, and manually put the weight in to GC. 

• Yeah, I have the S1 and have generally been happy with it.  I only rely on the weight reading though.  One thing that I don't like about the S1 is that often I have to step on it repeatedly to turn on.  Not sure if the S2 will be better with that.  It just doesn't look like there is enough with the S2 to upgrade.  Color, weather, more data on the screen?  No thanks.

• I like that it will show you the difference since your last weigh-in and the weight trend graph too because I am currently losing weight.

That would be the biggest upgrade for me, it always annoys me that I have to open the Connect app after every weigh in to see the trend. But unfortunately I still haven't been able to justify buying another scale (6 months after buying the Index 1) just for that feature. It doesn't sound like it does any better of a job calculating metrics than Index 1 (which does fine, IMO), so I'll probably just wait until Index 3 or until my Index 1 breaks before I bother.