This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Which LTE Network?

I am considering bounce w/ LTE plan for my kids.  I live in rural Alaska where Tmobile (GCI) and Verizon networks work really well, but AT&T is very poor coverage (although their map indicates good coverage).  I reached out to Garmin to ask what network they use, but they refused to answer my question citing that it was "proprietary information."  They've advised me to go ahead and buy the watch, buy the monthly LTE service plan, and if it doesn't work return it for a refund.  If it does work well, I would then be locked into the monthly plan with no chance to switch to the annual plan to enjoy the savings.  They offer no trial period to verify coverage. This seems silly and a huge hassle when a simple "no it's not AT&T" would really help.  So, do any users out there have any idea about this?  I've read in other reviews that the bounce LTE coverage is underwhelming (especially indoors) and seems like there is a known LTE issue with *some bounce devices.  Any insight would be hugely appreciated!  Thank you.

• UPDATE:  YEP, It's AT&T (at least for Kenai Peninsula, Alaska.)

I went on a testing adventure in my community to the areas where it is known that AT&T has no coverage but Verizon and T-mobile work great.  Verizon cell phone and T-mobile hotspot have 4 bars, Garmin Bounce NO SIGNAL.  There is one spot in town where AT&T works (2 bars on watch) but this isn't going to work for us because my kids go outside of the tiny AT&T area.  For perspective, our town is about 7 miles long along a highway corridor and AT&T works for about one mile of this.

I was able to request a return/refund for the watch.  I am unable to cancel the plan yet (no same-day cancellations allowed) and I am unable to reach support to get help with this, so looks like I'm going to be out the ten bucks in the end.  Bummer.

Hope this helps someone else save time and money and hopefully Garmin doesn't take this down for revealing their "secret."