Varia RTL515 continues to disconnect from Edge 830

Totally frustrated by this Garmin Edge 830-to-Vartia RTL515 disconnect issue and I cannot figure out the failure mechanism so I can try to do a workaround:

I'll be riding for a short while, sometimes a bit longer, I get the error 'Light is disconnected from the network' and the radar disconnects. The radar indicator on top right of Edger flashes from black to red. This has started to happen to me in maybe the last six months, Very very frustrating when the Garmin solution is to turn off devices and repair. First off, I am riding. I count on the radar. and I am riding with others who don't want me to diagnose or try to fix the issue.

Varia RTL515 has software 3.34

Edge 830 has has software 9.81, I just backtracked to 9.75. Will give this a try (but, again, have to reconfigure the device).

I have fully reset the Edge to factory condition, reconfigured it, connectivity, data screens, etc.

I have removed lights related apps, including the connection to the Bontager Pro RT light so I use it manually.

No matter what I do, the disconnect occurs at random time during ride. Radar and light get disconnected, so no control via Edge.

Does anyone have a workaround different than turning off both devices (in the middle of a recording) ride, removing the sensor, repairing only to have it happen again over and over?

Does this happen to others?

Does Garmin have a suggestion?

• Hi all,

I have the same Issue with my Varia RTL516 and my Edge 830.
    - Edge 830 is on Software Version 9.75
    - Varia RTL516 is on Software Version 3.34

When I start the Varia it is on paring mode (Light is flashing purple). As soon the paring mode is over, Varia and Edge will loose connection and radar is not working.  

Does Garmin has any suggestion?

Best Regards
    M.

1. I've given up. Bought a new device until software is fixed. No issues there but would prefer to have 830 up and working. I suspect it is a hardware issue, however, this never used to happen. It's only been in the last year.