Light modes on Varia vs light modes in Edge (lights network)

Hi, 

new Varia RTL515 user here. Trying to figure out how what is the relationship between light modes on Varia and in the Edge and how they work. 

In the manual, there are 5 light modes mentioned - Normal, Peloton, Night, Day, Standby - and really, when I press the upper button the light modes change accordingly. 

What is confusing is that when I connect the light to my Edge, the light modes change to Auto/, High Visibility, Trail and Individual and they do not correspond to the light modes under the button press. Also when connected to Edge the "button modes" seem to be not working. 

Another confusion of mine (sorry, I read the manual twice as well as fiddled with the light/Edge a bit) are the other light modes found under the Edge widget - Solid, Flash, Peloton, Off. What are these and how do they work? And what is the Override button found under them? 

Really trying to find the logic behind this but am lost. Maybe I'm too old for this or just too much used to the good old dumb red flashing lights with only one button and 2 flashing modes Slight smile 

Could someone explain me the different modes etc.??