This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a way that the light will flash only when radar detects vehicle? (Varia RTL 515)

In oreder to save battery on long hours rides, it would be usfull that flash will turn on only when vehicle is detected 

• Thanks, I’ll try again later in the day..

• ok, I found the problem..I had set on Edge 1000!! Anyway, German is not of my 3 languages..what does threat means in this case? if I set it to high, does the light come on only when speed bars are red on the Edge?and so Medium is for orange bars?!

• Go to the developer, I asked him what I would like to have and he generated the code for me, I copy-pasted into the datafield setting and works like a charm.

forums.garmin.com/.../smart-bike-lights-data-field-bike-lights-control-widget

Front and rear light turns ON when the Action Start, the rear light turns ON when vehicle approaches regardless you riding currently or stopped aside to refresh, if your speed changes in negative=you breaking the rear light acts as a breake ligth.

There is also a separate datfield that will count the total vehicles and theire speed.

• Does anyone have any feedback about if they feel that it noticeably improves their battery life if they have a filter that only turns on the tail light when a car is detected?

Thanks for posting your configuration!  I just got an RTL515 that I've paired with an Edge 530.  Even though I've played with the Smart Bike Lights app for a bit and feel comfortable making a filter based on bike radar range like this, I'm leaving this filter out for now until I really get a feel for how the light/radar performs for me.  But I do have a secondary config built with a radar range filter like this as a sort of "battery save mode" that I can select if needed.