This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Varia RTL - after charging Garmin Watch and Edge 810 forget what light mode its on and set the light network to off.

Each time I charge my RTL the mode that is set on my Garmin watch and Edge seems to reset itself to either :Lights:Off or Mode: Solid when the majority of the time I have it set to Auto. This seems consistent. I can either change the mode back after navigating to the setting on my watch or edge and also by pressing the buttons on my Varia to switch modes.

Anyone else having this issue and have found a resolution?

For information all devices are running the latest software.

• I've noticed the same problem.  Also must current software for both devices.  Haven't found a solution.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

I had the same issue so I went into the mobile phone app and set it to auto, then closed the mobile app.  Then I went into my Garmin Edge and set it to auto.  It has stayed set since then but it's only been 2 days.  Time will tell, but was it possibly that you had another device or mobile app and they were resetting each other?

• How did you access the light via your phone?  Did you need the edge connected to do that?  I can see it listed under 'sensors' on the garmin connect mobile app, but it is greyed out and I cant access it.