This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RTL510 vs RTL515 Buttons

Former Member
Former Member

I currently have the RTL510.  The "crease" between the button and the body of the device often lets wet sand and grit in and stops the button from working until I go through with a razor blade and clean it out.  

I just picked up the RCT715 and there is no "crease" between the buttons.  The buttons are improved to where grit and sand wont' get in there and mess the button up. 

I was thinking of selling my RTL510 to someone who rides a mix of pavement and nasty gravel / wooded conditions.  However I was curious if the RTL515 buttons are improved in the same manner as the RCT715, meaning - do they prevent sand and grit from getting lodged in the button?  

If the 515 is improved over the 510 I'll just recommend they get a 515 on sale.  Otherwise I'll sell them my 510 and save them some money. 

My assumption is that the 510 and 515 have the same physical buttons and the only difference is that the 515 allows bluetooth connections...I was just hoping someone might confirm.