This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030+/RTL515 Radar Only Frequent Connection Failures (Light Network Forms Fine)

Hi guys - I bought a 1030+ about a week ago, and added an Varia RTL515 today.  For some reason, the radar connection seems to be intermittent when power up/down/sleep, etc.   The light network forms reliably, but most of the time the radar fails to connect.   I have tried resetting and repairing the Varia several times and removing the sensors from the 1030+, and while it always pairs, it doesn't always reconnect when one device or the other is booted or comes out of sleep.   I have to power cycle one or both of them to get it to connect, and it's spotty at best.  Again, the light network always forms and I can control the light, so the 'devices' do appear to be talking to each other.   It's just the radar that sits there blinking.    I've tried looking through the forum (back about 10 pages) and found a few similar cases, but not with the 515.   Is the 1030+/RTL515 radar connection known to be spotty?    Both devices are running the latest firmware according to Garmin Express....

Any pointers would be appreciated - otherwise I think this thing is going back to B&H....

Thanks,

RR

• I recommend to return the Varia and get you money back while you can. I have had a 515 for 2 years now and it used to work perfectly on a 1030 and the 1030+. But a few months ago there were some software updates and after that I couldn’t get it to work anymore. Continues disconnecting and connecting every time something is approaching you from behind. Next to not detecting approaching traffic anymore it is hugely distracting you from watching the road and other traffic. Where it used to be a safety device it is now an absolute hazard when I use it.

Garmin does not even respond to any complains or requests for assistance, for me it is too late to return it, you might still have time.

• Well I found that resetting EVERYTHING and repairing seems to have fixed the issue.  I didn't do a factory reset after the last 1030 FW update, so maybe there were some corrupt update files.   Either way, it seems to be pretty flawless now.   Thanks.

• I am also having this issue.  Can you tell me what you mean by “resetting Everything”?  I would appreciate the help. Thanks

• You reset the radar light by holding the power button for more than 8 sec.   When you restart it, it should default to blinking purple.   You reset the 1030 by going into the settings menu device reset and then choose the option to reset and delete all data.   You'll then have to repair it with your  phone and whatever sensors you have.

• Yep. It’s good to be a King. Or to think that one is the King of GPS devices. No need to respond to loyal citizens or loyal customers re annoying Garmin issues.