This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RTL500 only pairs as a light, not a radar, to my Garmin Edge 130.

My RTL500 only seems to work as a light when paired to my Garmin Edge 130.  It appears to work fine, and be a pairing issue.  Here is some background:

When pairing, it only comes up as a light, so I select this

The Edge 130 says the light is connected, but has no radar symbol in the top right (concentric rings)

The radar/light flashes as cars approach, but none of this is displayed on my Edge 130.  I.e. no warning.

I have tried to pair my Garmin Forerunner 245 watch and again can only see the RTL500 as a light.

Out of interest, I have cycled with a friend for several years and he also has an RTL500 unit.  I presume my Edge 130 was wrongly paired with his as it used to work fine.  However, it didn't work properly on a recent solo ride.  When I investigated, it was paired as a light (perhaps the only option) and I unpaired it and then started again.  No success.  I also tried resetting the Varia unit (holding the button for 8 seconds to turn it off).  

Any help is greatly appreciated!