This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

A true urban light - when?

Garmin - when can we expect a truly urban front light ? I don't really understand how come you called UT800 an Urban Light - this light didn't meet any standards for city riding - both on bike paths and streets. In short, it dazzles. Does not meet the StVZO standard
Garmin HL500 is no longer sold. So? When will there be something for city riding?

• A HL510 successor would be nice. 

• It meets all the standards here.

I point it lower for street riding and higher for mtb.

200Lm on the street and 400Lm off road unless going fast.

• Don't ridicule yourself. What do lumens have to do with the fact that light flies from the ground to the tops of trees blinding everyone in front of you. Whether it is 200 or 400 lm, it will still dazzle people on the opposite side of the road
    Do I have to drive slower so that a stronger mode doesn't accidentally come on? Or maybe I should buy UT800 and manually set the weakest mode instead of automatic? 

The fact that this light blinds people from the opposite direction - whether in cars, on bikes or on pedestrians is their opinion, not mine. You can see it by their reaction.

• I have the UT800 and point it down so it doesn't dazzle oncoming traffic. 

I also run it on manual mode as on automatic, off road it dims when you go into a slow technical corner which is the last thing you need.

What model do you have?

• And you think this is the solution? Pointing the lamp downward? :) You don't buy an 800lm lamp to illuminate 3 meters in front of you with it. The speed at which I ride requires lighting a dozen meters in front of me at least.

Fenix BC25R 

• You are right. If light is not compliant with german StVZO, then it should not be used on roads as it blinds everybody on front.