This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Varia light + Edge 1030 dual mounting option with drop bar front bag?

So, I have this extended front out mount for my drop bars, and I am currently setup with a Edge 1030 on top and Varia UT light attached from bottom. (btw the both original mounts which came with the units still in the box).

I am happy with this combination, but...

This year I am planning couple - little longer - multiple days gravel rides and I shall plan every millilitres of bags I can attach to the bike (Devinci Hatchet tuned for hybrid cyclecross/gravel abuse ;) ).

I got pretty much everything on the frame (and around the frame) sorted out, I added couple thread inserts to places I may need, but I would really like to mount a bag on the drop bar as well. I have thebevelled/flared drop bar, the max distance between the shifter towers is 42cm, kind of sorry not to use that space.

And the tinkering starts here.

I can turn around the GPS mount on the drop bar to be pointing towards me, but, ,,,where to attach the Varia light then? The new bag will be in the way in order the light to be functional...

I need to figure some mounting options for the light, either above the bag or below the bag maybe something to fix to the front fork?

Anybody backpacking / gravel riding with full bags setup? but still need some light...To be visible to others out there @ nowhere...