This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mounting ut800 on out front mount ( edge 1030)

Hi everyone,

I just received a ut800 light that came with a universal mount(varia). I was able to mount the light and my edge 1030 on one of my bike. What I want to do now it to mount the ut800 on my other bike wich is equipped with the extended out front mount (see pictures). I know I could buy an out front mount (varia) but since I already have 3 out front mounts, it was cheaper to check if an adapter of some sort exits to do the job. Talking to garmin a few weeks ago, I was told that this quarter-turn to friction flange mount adapter (https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/552900) would do the job. Honestly, I can't figure out how this would work. This adapter seems to only be the part that attaches to the lamp itself. What I need is an adapter to convert my out front mount so it can accept the ut800.

Is someone aware of some kind of adapter that would modify my out front mount so I could fit my ut800 on all my bikes ?

Thank you