This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Still an issue RTL515: peloton riders setting it off

I see notes on the board that other cyclists have been triggering the radar for more than 3 years.

It happens so often that sometime my 530 head unit will lock .

Is there not something in the algorithm regarding oncoming speed? How it it fellow peloton riders are setting it off if we're all doing 30km/h?

I appreciate the tech, I just wish that when I select peloton mode that the sensitivity, or a cut off on speed relative to mine is initiated to stop all the false positives.... camon Garmi use your big brain and push out an update.

• Any object that is following you with the same speed and within the same distance is not showed on the screen. It is not possible detect size of objects, so anything that just apears behind you and is getting closer will trigger an alarm. This is desired, it have to safely detect incomming object.

To be honest, it is crazy anoing to ride with somebody whos bike computer is beeping like crazy and his rear light is blinking... Radar ist best for lone wolfs and I really like it.

• I will agree, and i do prefer the lone wolf routine.... But we can't all the time, and i detest being the tail gunner when i can pass...

• You can do exactly like you want with 'Smart Bike Lights': https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/0d9fd828-c932-4470-9c37-fd2828881888#0
    and make your configuratrion with the configurator: https://maca88.github.io/SmartBikeLights/

I make my Varia RTL 515 tail light blink in 'smart mode' only when a vehicle approaches and otherwise the light is off by installing the following configuration setting in my Edge 1030 Plus.
    ###0,73535488#2,2|RaDaFl:1:7:10I[125]0|:1:0:1D=1##6,5:Varia 515|2,:-1,Off:0|1,Solid:4|1,Peloton:5|1,Day Flash:7|1,Night Flash:6#B3570##3#0#0

You can install 'Smart Bike Lights' and the configuration settings on your device via 'Garmin Express'.

• I like your configuration but is it possible to use your configuration setting in my Edge 1030 (km/h - 24h) + Varia RTL 515.

The Lights Configurator filter groups is for me hard to understand.

Sorry For My Bad English.

• Paste (Garmin Express) the following setting for a Garmin Edge 1030 - Garmin Varia RTL 515 a try in the 'Smart Bike Lights' App (set the App on 'S'mart)

###0,73535488#2,2|RaDaLl:1:7:10I[125]0|:1:0:1D=1##6,5:Varia 515|2,:-1,Off:0|1,Solid:4|1,Peloton:5|1,Day Flash:7|1,Night Flash:6#B2713##3#0#0

• It works, many thanks!