This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Radar 510 Not Responding anymore

Morning all, had my radar for 2 years and wouldn’t be without it. Went to turn it on yesterday and it went onto a solid light and then what looked to be pairing mode with the purple light. It then went to green and turned off. Just repeats the process over and over now. It’s on the latest firmware and can be seen fine in Garmin express so thinking it might be a software issue. I’ve logged it with support but anyone else seen this. I read an old lost yesterday but that didn’t shed much light on it. Get the following folders show up in express. Dates look a bit odd but couldn’t see anything else of concern. Any ideas? Thank you

• The GCD file is a software update file. You could try removing that.

• Thank you for replying Alan. I removed the GCD file but it's still doing the same thing. Starts up with the light constantly on whilst the pairing light flashes blue then it turns green and shuts down. I've replaced the unit with a 515 already. Have sent garmin support an email to see what they suggest. Kind regards Jon

• Hi - Mine stopped charging properly and will no longer connect to computer.  It still works but not sure for how much longer.   It's nearly 3 years old so out of warranty.   I contacted Garmin and have taken an option to exchange for a refurbished unit.   The cost is about 50% of a new one so that seemed a reasonable deal.   (I'm in the UK, I used the support chat function on their website, all very simple to set up).  Might be an option for you.

• Hi, I went through support and got offered a refurbished unit for £76. Just purchased a 515 from wiggle instead. Tech support wasn't wasn't best. I'd already done what they asked myself to do. Unit has never been abused so a bit disappointed in Garmins reply. 

Just got the 1030+ and have heavily invested in garmin products over the years. Just wish they looked after their loyal customers a bit better. 

Happy to have a working radar again as I ride every day and its a brilliant device. 

• This was resolved by Garmin offering me a refurb unit so despite being a pit p’d off with them I did take up the offer so now have a 510 and 515 for my bikes, good to have a backup now the roads are lot busier with bank holiday idiot drivers.