This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge830 + UT800+ RTL515 Light Network

Hello Folks

Posting this as it may help others. I have had the 830 and UT800 for a month or so and it works very well indeed. I had an RTL515 delivered yesterday and had a very frustrating 2 hours trying to get the light network to form . So frustrated that I had re boxed the RTL515 in order to return it. I thought I would have a final go today and tried deleting the UT800, adding the RTL515 as a light which then worked as both light and radar, but it all fell apart again as soon as I added the UT800. I had another thought - I also have a Garmin HRM strap sensor which was sitting on my desk so I put that on so it connected to the Edge830 and voila, everything works as it should! I had read another thread about someone having to make sure their speed sensor was connected to get the light network operating so it seems that if you have multiple sensors paired then at least one of them needs to be connected in addition to the lights.

It really shouldn't be that difficult....! Now I hope that it stays working when I go for a ride......

Cheers

Steve

• Hi Steve.
    today I've received my new Varia UT800 light and without your post I wouldn't be able to understand why my Edge830 didn't see it in the light lan together with my RTL515 radar-light.

For this I thank you a lot.
    Giovanni.

PS this also prevent me from buying the handlebar mount for my trekking bike (where I have no further ANT+ sensor) until Garmin's engineers won't remove this limitation.

• You are most welcome. I think this issues only occurs when you have additional sensors paired to the Edge but not actually connected (as in my case above). Today, as I started my ride, the battery in my HR strap died and the Edge would not form the light network. I went into the sensors section and 'disabled' the HR strap and the light network formed straight away! I am glad I persisted as the radar is truly excellent.

• I have the same problem but with an Edge 1030.
    If there are any sensors searching, it is impossible to create the light web.
    If I deactivate all the sensors, I can create it, but it doesn't work very well.
    If I use each Light separately, its operation is perfect.
    I think they have a big fault to solve, I don't know how they have released a product that is not 100% compatible

• Hi all, I had the same problem and was just about to call garmin support until I snapped my heart rate monitor on and found the light network connected immediate. So far no drop outs recorded. Amazing such a large company would release a light which has not been tested properly with such a fundamental flaw. And worse still leave this outstanding for 3 years