This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UT800 Battery Life - Edge 800 vs Edge 1000

My friend and I both have the UT800 - I had the HL500 and liked it but I had to charge it OFTEN and it didn't last more than a few hours even when flashing.

The specs on the UT800 looked good so I bought it.

When paired to my Edge 1000, it stays on even when stopped when timer is running, and seems to be very bright all the time when on solid. I get low battery warning within an hour.

Friend, using same light, and light network on his Edge 800, has no issues getting 3+ hours on his UT800. It turns off when he's stopped and seems to be better at using lower power as the sun comes up.

Is this a problem with my light, or a difference in how the Edge 800 vs the Edge 1000 uses the light network?

I've read the manuals, tweaked the settings, always the same result.

Open to ideas - thank you!

• one thing I can think of is that you maybe ride faster than your friend. I mean when you ride above a some speed the light is always on 800 LUM instead of for instance on 500 LUM. So what I try to say is that the light will become brighter (consumes more power) when you drive faster. Manually you can override this but changing when it should switch to brighter is not possible Disappointed