This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rtl 515 and ut800 Do not bild a light network.

tried all the variations in the threads below. When i add radar as a light, it Kicks the ut800 from the network, in the battery Symbol both lights show a question Mark?

Whats my mi take.

I have an edge 830

Thanks

• I bought a RTL515  today and tried pairing with 1030 plus and UT800. Same problem it disconnects all the time. Connecting each individually works but not together. Seems an issue with 1030 firmware. 

• A workaround was mentioned in another thread. If you pair one other sensor (e.g. wheel speed) before you try forming the light network, it should work. I use this method for my RTL515, Ion 200 RT and Edge530

• Hi yes thanks for that. I managed to get it to pair when contacting live chat. I removed all sensors from the edge. Then only paired the Radar under light sensor. Then after testing linked the UT800 headlight. This worked. Then reconnected other sensors. All good

• i do same thing. Only this methode work all the times. i have speed and cadence sensore. Only when i connect them to my 530. light network start to setup currectly.  ut800 and rtl 515

• ... thanks thanks thanks !!! It 100% worked for me today I purchase ut800 and rtl515 . I have edge 1030 plus and try for many many hours to connect them but once ut800 connects then rtl unfortunately disconnects. Finally delete all sensors from edge (hr,cadence,speed etc) first connect rtl under light then ut800 and then all others . All works perfectly! Thanks again !

• I screwed around with this for a couple hours (when Ishould have been riding, grrr!).  Just like Chris St., I was able to add both the RTL515 and UT800 to my 830 by first adding the RTL as a light, and then added the UT800.  The light network is formed, and I get battery indicators for both lights on the Sensors -> Lights.  The radar is also active.  I removed all the sensors first.  We'll see what happens after the ride and a power down of the 830.  Maybe I will need to leave it in sleep mode as suggested.  Thanks to all.

• Same problem here. Spent hours on the phone back and forward to Garmin yesterday. I'm going to send them a link to this thread, maybe they will do something. £300 for a set of lights that dont do what they say is a discrace.

• Not sure if anyone is watching this but i spoke with support today and they said they are working on a software update to fix this issue and are looking at end of September/Early October for release.  Looking forward to it. 

• Good to know.  It only works sporadically.  Frequently drops the light network while riding.  I'm looking forward to it, too.  Thanks for the update.

• It seems to work OK when I pair the rear radar but leave the front light unpaired.