This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RTL 515 - software upgrade

Former Member
Former Member

Hi all,

I'm thinking about switching from RTL 510 9almost two years old) to 515.

one of the things drives me crazy is Software update.

my organization controlled laptop, does not allow to write on USB, so Garmin Express fails to update. when was normal office time, I use a colleague personal laptop to make GoPro and Garmin updates...but now working from home.

(luckily Fenix 6X can be updated trough mobile Garmin connect - but maps)

so, as RTL 515 has now BT connection (as the Speed sensor 2). one of the claimed BT connectivity for Speed Sensor was for the software upgrade.

• so RTL 515
    • can be seen in Garmin mobile Connect?
    • can be updated trough Garmin Connect?

thank you,

robert

• Can’t pair or update my Varia RTL516 via gcm.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Volker

thank you!

• I would like to have that possibility, too. So it is easy to recognize, that an update is available. Otherwise you have to look into the forum or connect the device with gcm, to get the information, that an update is available. 

If he device is registered, it would also easy for Garmin to send an email, if an update is available. A little bit Stone Age...

• My RTL510 will update its software when connected to my Edge 1030.

FWIW: Consider getting yourself a cheap computer for personal use. Using a work computer for personal use, in any way, is a bad idea.  1) You may loose access to it at any time and 2) You have zero expectation of privacy on a work computer.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to fallingrock

Grinning.. thank you!

I know... I'm happy with my iPhone, and besides this type of upgrades, I can do anything with.

all my photos, videos, docs are in iCloud, I'm happy on how are kept there (quality and compression and integration).

time ago I say myself "keep it simple" so I try not to complicate my life with an extra laptop, MacBook etc.

I have enough gadgets, and I love them all Garmin or not Relaxed 

but, maybe this will trigger a personal laptop...

have a good one!

robert