This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Varia Radar RTL515 problem

The problem exists with the simultaneous connection of radar and light to E1030. If you connect the light then you can control it from the widget level but unfortunately then there is an invisible radar. When the radar turns on first, the light in the widget is invisible and you cannot control the light beam.

• I'm having similar issues. It never seems to just work when I turn on the devices (RTL515 and Edge 830). Either the light won't connect and the radar works, or the radar icon will keep flashing white/red or not show at all while the light works fine. Pressing connect again in the settings for the radar or enabling/disabling the light in settings do not help.

To get it all working I usually need to turn it on and off a few times and/or press the button on the light to switch modes a couple of times. Not sure yet which part of that makes it work - no pattern found yet - for now I just mash buttons and hope.

• I was so excited with the new Varia, but just like you I’m having the same issues and it’s very frustrating.  I tried calling but the hold time is more than an hour and chat is not available due to Covid.   My only option was to send an email but who knows where it will end up.  

I miss my old rtl510.   It worked perfectly and now I’m frustrated with this new device.  How is it supposed to keep us safe if the damn thing doesn’t connect.  

• I did hard work today. I did downdate to version fw.9.10. In the first order I paired according to Varia Radar instructions without pairing with mobile. I paired all other sensors and other data that I made copies of. I have restarted E1030 each time to check if everything is working properly and especially Radar RTL515. Everything was OK. And only then did I update to fw. 9.50. When everything was installed several times I started E1030 and everything was OK and the Radar worked as it should. Later I paired the RTL515 Radar with a mobile app. I have restarted several times and each time everything was OK. The radar and light worked great and the radar was connecting simultaneously with the mobile app.

• My varia RTL515 keeps saying Sensor error 09 when in light commute traffic to work.  I have to tap back button on Edge 520 I never had a problem with my old Garmin radar it’s frustrating 

• What software build is on the RTL515?

• 3.32 updated on Monday last week error still occurs daily same every time I’m baffled thought it might have been because I wear a Garmin watch and use a varia headlight but have tried riding with just the 515 and head unit and still happening.

• I would contact Garmin support. 09 I think is a radar saturation problem. It might be a faulty unit.

• Thanks already have so fingers crossed they exchange it cheers for the advice Thumbsup tone1