This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Light's system in off mode as default

Dear,

I don't know what am doing wrong or this behawior is the standard for Garmin's light system.

I am having following set: EDGE 830 + RTL510 + UT800, all with the latest software version installed.

My case is that after switching on EDGE all the time I have to go to the set-up and in the section of sensors activate light network. Only after it my device is connecting to the lights and than everything is working properly.

I have many sensors installed and all of them are detected automaticaly, only lights are diable as default and to use them I need to enable it.

Anyone is able to help? Appriciate any kind of tips to the subject.

Thanks and regards,

Paul

Top Replies

• over 4 years ago in reply to Nikeow +2 suggested

thanks a lot for your answer and the tip!

I have done small test and connected RTL and UT to my Fenix 6X and it turned out that it is working all the time as expected. If I select cycling activities…

All Replies

• I tot that you NEED to have an activity started (Eg: cycling and timer is running) for the lights etc to turn on? I thought that’s the “feature” 

Isn’t that similar to when you connect to a speed sensor as well? You need to be starting an activity? 

(I don’t have an edge unit - but that’s how it works for my watch and radar)

• thanks a lot for your answer and the tip!

I have done small test and connected RTL and UT to my Fenix 6X and it turned out that it is working all the time as expected. If I select cycling activities it connects automatically.

So the case is (was) definitely Edge... but by coincident I have found the solution for that. The problem was that I was testing lights system with "Indoor" cycling mode and that was why sensors haven't connected automatically. If changed into "MTB" mode it started to connect automatically and now it is working properly.

Kind Regards
    Paul