This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RTL510 software update fails

There is a software update available for my Varia RTL510, but I am unable to install it.

Here's what shows on my Edge 830 to begin with:

If I tap on 'Install Now', it initially shows this:

The dots around the central number rotate, and the number increases. Eventually, I get to this:

Then nothing further happens, though the dots continue rotating indefinitely.

If I tap on the screen, I get this:

I can go to the sensors menu and try again, but the same behaviour repeats over and over again.

The device works normally in other respects - connects to the Edge 830, shows approaching cars on the display, flashes the light at the car, etc, etc.

My Edge 830 software is fully up to date.

I have tried updating via Garmin Express on my Mac, but that doesn't work either.

• I have the same configuration (RTL510+830) and software update fails the same way. I hoped to find some advice here, but still nothing ? All you updated  to 3.70 smoothly ?

• I was eventually able to resolve the problem by doing a complete uninstall/reinstall of Garmin Express on my Mac, following the instructions here: Full Garmin Express uninstall

It took several times around the loop with the Garmin support team though. Each occasion had a different agent involved, and it was obvious that they hadn't bothered to read the history properly, asking the same question several times, or asking for information I originally provided to them in my initial message. That wasn't very impressive...