This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Light Network issues

Having a lot of issues forming a light network on my Edge 830. I have two UT800s, two TL300s an RTL510 and a Varia Light Remote (for indicating and overriding). I can get all of them working together just fine on my Edge 130... but not on my Edge 830. Any more than three lights and it collapses. Everything is updated to the latest firmware... and I have tried all combinations of pairing the lights with the Edge 830 and the Varia remote. Any ideas? Or is the 830 just not geared for more than two lights?

• Can't help you with an answer, but I can't even run one light on the 830. Have a Varia RTL510 but it works only as Radar and not in the light network

• I can get a light network going on the 830 with my older HL500 and a pair of TL300 tail lights - although it takes a little while to form - but add anything else and lights just randomly disconnect. It just seems to be a lot more unstable compared to the Edge 130.

• Okay, so it looks like the Edge 830’s recent firmware update has stabilised the light networking. I can now get two UT800s, two TL300s and an RTL510 all networked perfectly. I can also pair a Varia remote to override the lights... however, over the course of a ride, on a few occasions, the Edge wrestles back control. Speed and Cadence sensors seem unaffected.

Pairing order does appear to be critical. For best results, I get the lights working with the Edge first... and then I add the Varia remote afterwards. Also, if you have another bike with Garmin ANT+ devices on it as I do, get the one you're setting up as far away from it as possible otherwise it can get confusing as the Edge tries to pair with everything it can detect around it. Garmin recommends a minimum of 10 metres.