This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Start-Stop Light when Start-Stop Activity bug

I have my Varia Radar RTL 510 light set up to start when starting activity (on my Edge 820).

But light doesn't stop when I stop activity. It stops as lately as saving activity, which is not right, IMO. I think light should stop even when pausing activity in the middle, without saving, for expample in train.

Is there anything I'v done wrong, or is just another Garmin bug?

• My Edge Explore has two options for "Light Beam Activate".: Timer Start and Device Power Up. 

When I chose Device Power Up, the RTL510 turns on and remains on until I switch the Edge off. 

When I select Timeer Start, The light is on whenever the timer is running. When I stop, the light turns off. When I restart, the light starts running again. 

Have you selected Timer Start? That seems to be the option you want.

• I have my Varia Radar RTL 510 light set up to start when starting activity (on my Edge 820).

= Timer Start

• If you have Light Activation set to Timer Start and Autopause set, the light should pause when your speed drops below the speed set for autopause. The light should also stop when you press the start/stop button.  

Does the 820 have the Light Network Widget?

• yes, i know it should, but it doesn’t, that’s why i’m asking here

and yes, 820 does have light network widget... what’s the point?

• The point of asking about the widget was to double check the settings,  but since you're sure the settings are correct, I think you should call Garmin Support. Perhaps they can confirm either the RTL510 or Edge 820 is defective and offer you a replacement. 

Good Luck.

• If you have Light Activation set to Timer Start and Autopause set, the light should pause when your speed drops below the speed set for autopause. The light should also stop when you press the start/stop button.  

I'll have to test this, but I don't think that's the expected behavior.

The light should not stop when you are paused ... even though you are stopped, it doesn't mean that you don't want to be seen.

If anything stops the light during the ride, I would expect it to be by pressing the pause ride button on the head unit.  I'm not even sure that stops the light.

• fallinrock,

If you set the light network options Light Mode to Auto and Light Beam Activated to Timer Start, the light will flash when the timer is running and it will not flash when the timer stops. 

Since I have Timer Start Mode set to auto start at 6 mph and Auto Pauseenabled at 3 mph, the timer starts when I exceed 6 mph s=and stops when I slow to less than 3 mph. So the light starts flashing whn I reach 6 mph and stops falshing when I slow to 3 mph. This is exactly as I expect.

Please check this out and confirm this works with your Edge and RTL510 combination.