This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Radar Sound Alert On/Off switch data field

Hey, Garmin,

why we can't switch radar alert sound on/off quickly in data field? There is a possibility to switch sound on/off in sensor settings, so it must be possible to bring that switch it into data field.

Especially in the city it would be very useful, when I ride on cyclepath which is alongside the road. Then it is really annoying when radar continuosly beeping.

Now it's too complicated to switch sound on/off deep inside sensor settings again and again.

• hi Nikeow... still not approved? I can't find your app

• Garmin decided that they do not allow me app to be approved citing possible legal issues as the app deals w/ "safety issues". So it won't get published.

I'm using it on my own watch tho and it works a treat. 

• I'm speechless.... What happened to personal choice? You can choose not to use Livetrack, Incident Detection. Heck you can even disable the light network if you want. But they won't allow a datafield that'll allow you to disable the radar/light

Come on Garmin it's just the feature I've been looking for to extend the radar battery life when I'm doing ultra distance rides where I'd only need the radar/light maybe 50% of the time

Any thought's on allowing users to sideload it ??Thinking Though guess that would put you in Garmin's bad books

• While side load can be done, but it would mean that users can't change anything. User settings are not available when side-loading. 

users are dumb and needs protection by large corp that are afraid that dumb users of their wearable will urn around and sue them for lots of money. :-p 

• That's true. It's such a shame when it leads to creativity being stifled 

• The page you are looking for was not found.
    If you were looking for a specific app, it may no longer be available, or you may not have permission to view it.

• I would love to have this option.  A definite necessity when riding in large groups and urban environment.

• Tomswitch light on and Radar off:

go to sensors menu and disable the tadat

use the button on the Varia light to switch it on. Voila...

• It's 3 years since the op, two new versions of the RTL have been released but there is still no easy way to toggle sound on/off.  Come on Garmin if you can hide the setting 4 levels down inside the sensor setting surely you can put it somewhere where it can be accessed easily.  Before anyone jumps in saying I don't need it, yes I do need it because I ride on busy and quiet roads.  On quiet roads I absolutely need the sound on.  On busy ride the constant beeping is just an annoyance to me and other cyclists round me but it's such a pain to turn the sound off I usually just put up with it.