This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Varia Vision or Edge 820 with Fenix 5S ?

My Edge 520 just died few days ago ; i own a Fenix5S and i'm wondering if i should go for an Edge 820 (~200€) or a Varia Vision (~300€) ?

What would you do ?
  • If I had a dead 520 I would get the vision. As you saw on my other thread I am debating purchasing one myself. the "problem" I have is do I want to spend money on a toy since I already have and 1030 and I do like all the extra screen space.
  • Just to throw a cheaper option into the mix, what about an Edge 130 in Extended Display mode?

• I think the 130 is too expensive (~150-160€)

Now we have the 530 in the equation (300€) and we can find the Vision at 250€ on Amazon (.fr)

I think i will go for the Vision at that price, i'm just afraid Garmin launch a Vision 2 soon ...
  • I finally bought the Varia Vision, it work well with my Fenix 5S, i'm pretty happy with it.

I also have a Varia Radar RTL510 and the only reproach i have is the vibration alert on the Vision ... When i'm over 20 kph i just don't feel it :/
    Is there a way to increase the force of the vibration ? I have a headband to avoid sweat on my face, i didn't try without

• What I would like is a Varia Vision shaped like an Edge 520.
    After all you don't really need a GPS receiver in your extended display, do you?

(and I've made the suggestion to Garmin via the ideas channel)

Stig