This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Paring RTL510 as a Light and as a Radar

How can i get the Varia RTL510 paired as a Light and as a Radar. When i paired it´s recognized as a Radar, and the light network if formed with the device as a Radar not a Taillight so auto deceleration mode doesnt´t show. Also if i disable the light also disable the radar, and viceversa too.

Any thoughts?

By the way the same behaviour on Edge 820 and Edge 520 Plus, all software updates applied.

Thanks
Felipe
  • The 510 doesn't have an autodeceleration mode, although there is a menu item there from the older version.

Where do you get this information?
  • I have a RTL510 and an Edge Explore. As reported for other devices, the RTL510 pairs with the Explore as a radar and the light operates properly, but I cannot pair it as a light. Since the Explore does not have a light sensor, the RTL510 does not enter night flash mode at night. I hope Garmin changes the firmware of the Explore to use sunrise/sunset times to automatically control the light mode and fix the light pairing issue.