This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UT800 w/ Edge 1030 (checking for updates)

Hello, I recently bought a Varia UT800 light and connected that to my 1030 with the Varia RTL510. In the 1030 for the UT800, under Software Updates it still says checking for updates. The firmware for the UT800 is at 2.40, which I believe is the latest. Any ideas on how to get past 'checking for updates'?

I did see this thread, but wasn't sure if this was safe - https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/cycling/varia/1280609-varia-ut800-firmware-update-not-possible

Thank you
  • I would suggest just ignore the 'checking for updates' message. My RTL510 also shows this whenever I look at the details on the 1030.
  • I know it's over 4 years later since this post. But I thought I'd chime in and say my Garmin Edge 1030+ says the same thing with my Varia UT800 AND my Garmin Radar 515. Both are running the latest software. I am beginning to wonder if this is just a poor choice of words by Garmin and "checking for updates" is their way of saying you are running the latest software and the unit will continue to check for possible future updates. If so, I have no idea why Garmin has not chosen to use a more industry standard expression for this state of affairs such as "Software Up to Date." I did check with Garmin about this and they recommended I use Garmin Express on my computer to update these devices. Not a great response, IMO. At the time, I didn't think to ask the service representative about the meaning of "Checking for Updates." I suspect they didn't know either.