This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Request for UT800 feature for DI2 button

Currently the DI2 buttons can be used to turn the light off/on, or changes i's mode. The mode change only switches between the brightest continuous mode and flashing daylight mode. Other modes are not accessible. It would be very useful to step through all modes with the buttons.

Also, a pure manual mode setting in the Garmin Edge would be nice (Garmin does not turn on the light or control it at all). Sometime I just want manual.
  • Adding to the wish list for the Varia Lights:

1. Allow updating via Micro USB and Garmin Express without Ant+ Stick
    2. Have the update button on Edge 1000 (and probably other devices) actually work
    3. The Varia turns off when I turn off my Edge 1000 (assume this is true for other edges). This makes sense. The UT800 does not. It stays in a standby state for ever. It should also turn off completely.
    4. Varia lights should turn off when you stop the timer when in timing mode not when you save the ride. When I am going inside I just want to hit stop to turn the lights off. Then when I go back out (dropping something off, etc...) I want to hit start to turn them back on. I am not starting a new ride for quick stops. Best solution would allow that to be selectable. On start stop or on begin end.
    5. The battery life data screens should be unique to each light. So you can have a data screen available for each light. Right now I am not even sure which light of my 2 the battery screen is displaying for.
    6. On the next version of the UT800 the twist lock bike mount should be turned 90 degrees. Currently the unlock position is in the aerodynamic position and the lock position is in the un-aerodynamic position. This is the opposite of how it should be. When it is locked the thumb bits should be parallel with the direction of travel.
    7. This would probably be a huge change to the data screen topology but making a data screen for the varia that you could interact with. So I could click it to turn all lights on or off. Or cycle through modes. The widget is nice but I don't want to leave that on as my main screen. Would be nice to be able to add a data screen that I could click on.

• Nice suggestions, especially number 5.  My other wish would be to be able to use DI2 to change between light modes individually.   To clarify - go from low, to medium, to high, to dayiight flash.   I don't use the smart function because it uses too much battery and then doesn't get me through my early morning rides.

• 1. Allow updating via Micro USB and Garmin Express without Ant+ Stick

I update all my Varia lights via USB. I think the only device I have that can update OTA is my RTL510 (which can update via my Edge 1030).

3. The Varia turns off when I turn off my Edge 1000 (assume this is true for other edges). This makes sense. The UT800 does not. It stays in a standby state for ever. It should also turn off completely.

All my Varia lights go into standby mode when they disconnect from my Edge 1030.  My headlight and RTL510 both have a blinking blue indicator light showing they are in standby mode.

4. Varia lights should turn off when you stop the timer when in timing mode not when you save the ride.

I concur, that's a good idea.  But it should be a setting.

• Ahh, just asked for something similar re Di2 buttons to cycle through all light modes.

Also to have a low 50-75 lumen mode useful for climbing etc, or maybe User programable levels and adjustable for speed zones. 

• I only got a UT800 today, plugged it into my PC and it wouldn’t recognise it until I plugged in my Garmin ANT+ stick (luckily I had one) and then found it straight away. Software was up to date anyway.