This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Varia smart light modes

Hi New forum member here,

Anyhow, I'll explain I use the Varia lighting system for my daily commute in winter. I use the ANT remote that was provide in the bundle pack. My question is after changing the light settings, for example I use the low light setting for the front headlamp as I only use it really when it is dark and I use the flashing setting on the taillight.

What is annoying is that every time I turn them on with the remote (or otherwise) they return to the default light setting. I think it would be handy that they retain the last used mode or offer a way to impose the default light mode. I know it only takes five seconds, however seeming as they are smart they must have the ability to offer this option to the commuter.

I would like to just grab the bike turn the lights on and go, not having to set up the lights before every commute.

Hopefully thee is a way of doing it,

Thanks let me know..
  • Does anyone know if this is possible, have the same question.  Looking for a solution

• I am annoyed as well. Each time I turn on my radar (I dun like to put it on standby mode even tho it supposedly can last 5 months) I will set it to blink pattern. Then when I start my watch cycling activity and once the watch detects the radar, it will revert the mode to solid light.

Sometimes I forget about it and then it ends up I am draining battery faster than I anticipated. 

I will be DISABLING my watxh’s (native) Connection to the radar soon and just turn the radar on manually and set the light modes manually. 

Now - won’t this means that I will not be able to see traffic info on my watch coming from the radar? Normally the answer is yes, but I have an ace up my sleeve. 

The ace is pending the approval process from the Garmin App Store and the beta is most definitely working as I imagine.