Varia RCT715 serious bug after sleep with edge device

A car almost hit me today cause i was think my lights working. Long story short. I stop at a coffee shop for some water and my Garmin Edge went sleep mode. After i left the shop the edge wake up together with my radar plus lights cause i get the message. After some minutes in the night a car almost hit me and start screaming at me "wtf you dont have lights ?". I stop the ride and i check the RCT715 and even if it work the lights was off completely. I press the button for change modes and nothing happen!! I force a restart and lights start working again. PLEASE Garmin fix that bug is crucial. I remember some other person here in forums mention it but i can't find the post. Thank you.

• I think this is the type of issue where you should probably contact Garmin directly, instead of the forums. You probably want to use an avenue where they have to respond to you.

I have avoided the RCT715 because of the rather poor reviews it received at launch. Is the firmware up to date? That's all I would be able to recommend, but Garmin support should be able to help you, obviously a tail light is a pretty major safety device.

Completely unrelated to the issue with the RCT715, but related to safety riding at night You should at least be wearing a bunch of reflective stuff. I used to ride with 2 tail lights (the extra being built in to my helmet) and sometimes still do. Redundancy is really important for your safety if you're riding in the dark, and as a final failsafe, reflective gear can't fail or have a battery die. I ride with reflective shoes, reflective gloves, and a jersey with reflective stripes on the torso and my outside arm.

• Its not problem with the device. Its a bug.

• I would agree that it sounds like a bug. But you would need to contact Garmin directly for help with it (or update your device's firmware if there is already a fix).

The way that a software (or in this case firmware) bug works is typically that there is some outside edge case causing it. They might know what is causing your issue, or it might be new to them but unless they gather information from you, there isn't any way for them to fix the bug. You say "Please fix this bug," but I can tell you as a software developer myself that you haven't given them the necessary information to even begin to troubleshoot and fix said bug.

• In my country we dont have directly communication with Garmin. We have a Garmin center with a "hackerman" inside who sends the devices to Garmin. No i don't want to stay without my radar for one month.