This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fix RCT715 while backpacking?

When I do bikepacking trips, the main bag is the saddlebag fixed (of course) to the saddle and seat tube. Due to this, there is no space on the seat tube to fox the Varia.

Is there a way to attach the varia on the frame to seatstays?

Is there any alternative on how to fix the Varia RCT715 while backpacking?

• This was my setup for the Tour Divide this summer ... basically I used a bunch of zip ties to connect the mount that came with the RCT715 to the two small connectors on the back of my revelate saddle bag. Worked great ... wasn't always pointing exactly backwards but it still got some OK video and definitely functioned as light/radar very well. 

• Thanks, I tried that too... It's a bit annoying 'cause the position changes on the amount of stuff you have in the bag and you may need to reset it every day! In the next trip I will try to figure out something!

Thanks a lot!

• yeah, for sure, one thing that helped is that I used about 4 zip ties crammed through the small connector to add weight and also a little bit of stability (and security that it wasn't going to snap/fall off)