This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RCT715 - Sensor error radar 0:9 (connected to Edge 1040)

Got this today for the first time. RCT715, Edge 1040 Solar; they're both about a month old.

Other connected sensors: Rally XC200 (also a month old), and a Polar H10 HRM.

The Rally pedals disconnected themselves early in the ride (cycling the sensor connection OFF/ON seemed to fix that one). Also noted that my Polar H10 popped a "low battery warning" perhaps 40 minutes before the Varia error above. All devices appear to be running current firmware.

Another thread with datapoints, here: forums.garmin.com/.../1424670

• I've seen this same error once so far, right near the end of a ride with my RCT715 and both the Edge 1030 Plus and Epix I have it paired with.

Oddly though, even though I didn't get any radar warnings for the rest of my ride (just another couple of minutes), the MyBikeRadarTraffic CIQ app I have running on my Epix still counted cars in that period.

• I get this fairly regularly, also with Rally pedals and an HRM paired. The radar still provides alerts despite the error.

• I believe this error means interference or too much signal.  USA FCC sold off 24GHz spectrum and moved radar to 77GHz. Garmin still used 24GHz so this will happen more as other companies use 24GHz spectrum. 

• Same for me. Edge 1040 S. This is a recuurent and not new! error ! When will they solve this ?

• I’ve had this error a lot of times. I know what it is. It can be caused by cars with radar distance detectors and also certain (often temporary) traffic lights. There is one set of temporary traffic lights set up as a pedestrian crossing I go through and it does it ever time I go through. Then I noticed on other traffic lights like this. The cars are more random, obviously, so it’s hard to pin down. 

Just tap the message and everything goes back to normal (unless the car stays behind you of course).