This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why such poor battery life with the camera off?

Anyone tested the battery yet? The 715 is physically bigger and heavier so presumably must have a larger battery so why isn’t the battery life much longer than the 515 with the camera off?

515 has up to 16 hours in day flash

715 has only 10 hours in day flash, *with the camera off*

weird no?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

I have to wonder if this is accurate.  I've been looking for some real-world reviews that test this but haven't found anything yet.

• gplama found that actual usage was slightly better than the official figures but it’s still lower than I’d have expected. Be interesting to know 2 things, how big the actual battery is compared to the 515 and whether the camera is still consuming power even when it’s not recording. 

• Does the 515 actually go more than 7 hours with the radar active? I haven't found anything to suggest the 515 can actually run anything close to that with the radar going. I think that 16 hours may be for the light running alone.

• I’m pretty sure the 16 hours figure is with the radar on in day flash mode. Not convinced I’ve been getting 8 hours in peloton mode but might be dependent on how many cars are detected by radar.