This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

L/R balance and power issue Rally RK200

L/R balance and power issue. Rally RK200.

Balance issue, right side appears to be OK but left side fluctuate and drops to 0.

Pictures of old data and new data attached for references..

It appears that this is a common problem with these Garmin Power Pedals. 

I've tried just about everything, new battery's, new battery kit,  full service, re-torqued, latest firmware, disconnect from edge 540 and phone and reconnect, NO connection issues, calibration before each ride, crank size is correct, same legs LOL

Everything was working fine for the first 2 years till a few months after the 2nd year so looks like Garmin warranty is not an option.

Has anyone found the Reason/Fix for this issue as most likely all would be related.

Any HELP or Ideas would be appreciated as my $1250 pedals just became $60 pedals.  

I have A new Garmin Computer, New Garmin Hart Rate and Garmin Rally RK200 pedals so everything should communicate well. 

• The angles look quite weird on the left one. Did you reset install angles in sensor options?

• Helllo,

Not sure what angles options you're talking about. I have not seen those settings on the computer or phone.

• This is what I am talking about: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=J1sRNVP5ZfArmUx1GOY2c7

It seems the pedals are supposed to detect their alignment, but on some Garmin devices (like Edge, I think also on some watches, I can't check now in Garmin Connect as my Rallies are in the garage) you can force this detection, which is useful when you move pedals between bikes or even reinstall them. Perhaps your left pedal somehow got its angle wrong and cannot re-adjust itself? I thought it could be worth forcing it to re-establish its installation angle.

• I moved them to another bike and I just installed the new battery kits so I had to remove the battery, also deleted them from the the edge 540 and phone and reinstall.

I'm still getting the same power balance issue and sometimes disconnects for a couple seconds. 

• Hello,

1/4/24

I removed the pedals from the computer, reinstalled,  reset the angle setting, recalibrate, raised the seat just a bit.

When out for a quick 17 miles and still getting the same issue. 

picture is from today's ride

• Looks pretty bad. Maybe call Garmin support to see if they can help even though the pedals are out of warranty? Maybe they can fix it for a fee or replace with a discount? I am also wondering if you could just buy a new left pedal and reuse the right pedal. I upgraded my XC100 to XC200 so I am sure I could do this, but if you bought a set I don't know if the right pedal is reusable.

• Found out I was not on my two years yet but pretty close. 

Garmin is replacing my pedals. 

Saved by the  bell.

Garmin did try to troubleshoot but ended up replacing, new pedals on their way.

ThumbsupV