This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

L/R balance and power issue

Last weekend my Rally RS200 started acting funny in the middle of a century ride. Temps were low 90's with moderate humidity. Ever since, my power is about double what I would expect, and my left right balance is skewed heavily to the right side. As much as 80/40. If I disconnect the right pedal from the left, then I lose the cycling dynamics, but the power appears correct. I have the latest firmware installed and the pedals are about 2 months old. I'm wondering if the next firmware update will correct this issue, or should I start contacting Garmin?

• Assuming calibration doesn't fix it, you could try fresh batteries, especially if still using the original ones it shipped with. Even just removing and reinstalling the same batteries might help (speculating).

• New batteries have been installed and I have it set to calibrate before every ride. Still not working right. I am using it without the right pedal linked which at least gives me correct power.

• Yeah sounds like a good idea to try Garmin Support then. I don't know if left-right communication issues are user-fixable. We're not really given any "user interface" to check the status of the pedals.

• I contacted Garmin support and new battery covers and battery computer boards are on the way. Hopefully it works.

• Maybe check the settings for multipliers? I think I had a multiplier of 2 on one of my pedals out of the blue once :-)

• Update: Battery doors arrived and were replaced but was still getting bad data out of possibly the right pedal. Contacted Garmin support and new pedals were sent to replace the bad ones. Got them a couple days ago. Pedals work good now. Power isn't showing exceedingly high, my offset is back to where it should be for my right pedal and my balance is back to within a percent of even. Hopefully they continue to work well. 

• I had the same problem and it was getting worse. I followed Garmin's guide, but the problem didn't improve.
    Pedals out of warranty.

Cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and then ultra abrasive paper tapered spindle copper terminals, battery cover copper terminals and battery cover copper terminals.

NO APPLY GREASE, no it solved the problem, it got worse.

Problem solved, 50/50 indication and power value identical to the Tacx Neo 2 Smart power meter.