This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rally RS200 Data Delay

I recently purchased the dual sided Garmin Rally, SPD SL (RS200) and have been on a few rides with them. The issue I'm having is there tends to be a fairly significant delay between the power I'm doing, and what my head unit is reading. It's currently paired to my 530 head unit.

Based on reviews, I expected a slight delay when pedaling from a stop, but what I'm experiencing is the real-time 3s avg is about 8-12 seconds behind what I'm doing. For example, if I'm doing 230w and start coasting, it takes about 10s to read 0. Similarly, pedaling from coasting up to 230w takes about the same amount of time for the power to display. I'm coming from several crank / spider based dual-sided systems where the data read out seems to more more 'instantaneous' for lack of a better word. It's worth noting, the cadence appears to have the same delay

Firmware is the latest version, are there any suggestions for improving this or is the united functioning as 'normal'?