This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rally XC200 stopped working after v4.1 software update

The update to 4.10 seemed to work, but the pedals stopped working since then.

When I turn them on, the red/green light starts to flash for some 10 minutes and if I am lucky, the pedals connect to head unit after they are finished with ?syncing/updating? something. Then it ends up flashing red light many times over. If I am not lucky, they just go off and I have to start all over again. Being lucky or not does not seem to have anything to do with the ?sync/update? supposedly failing (when it connects, it is despite those many red flashes at the end). I tried to reset them by removing and reinserting the batteries, but that does not change anything. It even went to the state when one pedal was continuously shining green and the other has been flashing 3xgreen each 5 seconds and they were not connecting at all. That went away only after letting it sit for a night.

I have seen the official instructions on this state, saying that it is due to the software update failing to go from one pedal to another, but I have followed those instructions multiple times (I did not replace batteries, but I have bought these pedals only 3 months ago and once they are connected, battery status shows three lines, which is more than half) and it did not change anything. Once it made it even worse - see above. Also, when connected, both the phone and Edge 830 say that installed firmware is 4.10.

Top Replies

All Replies

• I attempted the update yesterday. My left pedal light is solid green while the right flashes green. I replaced the batteries this morning and it's still doing the same thing.

• Same thing happened to me yesterday with 4.0. --> 4.1.. Pedals asked for upgrade to 4.1. ...  after upgrade my Edge was showing "waiting for sensor restart" a it stayed like this for ever.

Today i tried to remove battery to reset the pedals, but they are not responding.