This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rally 100/200 firmware update

Hi,

When will there be a new version?

V4.0 is already a long time old and has some problems. 

• It looks like Garmin posted a 4.10 update recently. I tried updating via my Edge 1040 Solar, the pedals flashed red/green during the update, as expected. Then they flashed red/green while the Edge showed waiting for the pedals to restart. I saw the pedals flash a long, solid green, then nothing. I did not get 20 flashing red or 20 flashing green lights, but the Edge showed the update failed. 

I tried the process with my iPhone and Connect app. I got the same results. In both cases, if I connect to the pedals, both the Edge and phone show the firmware version as 4.00 and up to date. Same as when I log in to my Garmin Connect account online.

So who knows?

• Mine showed Version 4.1 and then disconnected from iPhone app. I woke them up to see if they'd connect and am now watching red/green flashes like it's updating. I was unable to connect to them via Garmin Connect on iPhone or Ege1040.  After about 10 minutes, they stopped flashing and my iPhone and Edge 1040 showed them connected and updated with the newest Firmware.

• Just updated to 4.10 via the Connect app. Download to pedals went as expected, but update phase took a long time (more than 5 minutes, maybe 10). Then pedals flashed green 20 times and app settings immediately showed that the firmware was updated.

EDIT: Timed the update on a second set of pedals. Took about 3 minutes to download and just under 6 minutes to  install the update. So under 10 minutes total.

• Thanks for the information. Mine is showing (both in Connect on the phone, Edge 1040, and online) that my version is still 4.00 and up to date. I'll give it a day or two and try again. The weather here is crap anyway, so riding on the trainer and not having updated isn't a big deal.

• Sounds like you're experiencing update failures. From the release notes there was this tidbit:

Changes made from 4.00 to 4.10:

• Fixed issue causing battery status reporting to not work as expected

IMPORTANT: Before installing a software update, Garmin recommends that the batteries be replaced in your Rally pedals if they have not been recently changed. The software update may fail to install if the batteries do not have sufficient life left.

Have you replaced the batteries in your pedals recently? Low batteries could be causing the update to fail leading to the behavior you're seeing.

• I'm going to give that a try.

My devices tell me that v 4.00 is current, and neither my Edge 1040 nor Connect on my iPhone offer me an option to perform an update.

• Update: I replaced the batteries (which showed they were still 75%) with new CR1/3N with a manufacture date of 11/18/2022. The Connect app on the iPhone said v 4.0 was current but ai borrowed an Edge 1030 Plus, and it showed there was an update. The pedals did successfully update. After, my Edge 1040 showed the pedal's battery at 50%. I guess updating uses a lot of power. 

Online Connect is showing the pedals on current v 4.10 and so is my Edge 1040 Solar. I guess that is a success.

• Same thing happened to me. After an attempt to update them with 1040 over ANT+ and then with Garmin Connect over BLE, I am stuck on 4.0 showing Up To Date. The email from Garmin telling to prepare strong batteries came too late... But they are not bricked, it's just I think they didn't flash and stayed back on 4.0. Anyway I changed with strong batteries, Duracell 3.2V fully charged and since then, I still get Up to Date on 4.0 and Garmin connect. Unfortunately I don't have another Edge to try with . I tried with a Forerunner 955, but I dont think this is capable to update them ...

• I think there is a bug, once an update from 4.0 to 4.1 fails, they just reboot on 4.0 and then they stay as Up to Date, not offering the option to jump on 4.1 anymore ... Hopefully this shows up in the next days again ...