This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PCO (Plattform Center Offset): extremely high variances between left and right foot

I have really extremely high variances in PCO (Plattform Center Offset) between the left and right foot.

Had this challenge since the beginning and even after replacing the crank as well as the shoes and insole, the problem persists.
The screenshot shows my last ride where I even deliberately tried to focus the load of the right foot to the middle or even further to the right side of the foot.

Quite strangely, I tried to load on the right foot extremely centered or even right, but I kept reading sharp jumps to the left (-18) on my Edge 1040.

Can this be a normal deviation between two feet, or must I rather assume a defect of the right Rally XC 200 here? 

• My left is +2 and my right is +12 and it has been consistent through 4 sets of Rally’s. I gave up worrying about it.

• Thanks for your feedback. But was your variance also this high? My right foot variance is from -30 to +15. Comparing to my left foot this doesn't look normal to me.

• My variance is not that high. Both sides for me look similar, other than the offset. Have you reset the installation angels and calibrated the pedals? Assuming so, then I would contact Garmin support.

• Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I reset the angles several times and calibrate before almost every ride. But you are right, I'll try to fix it via the support.

• I have a lot of scatter on the left compared with the right. Whether it's my actual biomechanics from whatever I'm doing at different parts of the activity, or it's noisy data, I honestly don't know.  But it's from 2 different sets of Garmin Rally pedals so it seems consistent.

Even the scatter band on the right side is fairly wide, about 20 mm, so I find the values it quotes at the end of a ride (averages, I assume) kind of amusing. However despite all the scatter and the drift throughout a ride, the number quoted at the end is generally within a band of about 4 mm for both pedals from all my rides.

I also have a lot of left side scatter for the power phase, particularly the end. I speculate this may be due to shifting gears, as I think I usually offload and shift while pulling up on the left pedal. If true, maybe this also explains the left side PCO scatter, I don't know.

• Fortunately, I got new Rally XC 200 due to a support case. And the new comparison looks much better, the difference between left and right pedal I think is realistic. But also means that the previous pedal had a defect.