This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

XC100/200 MTB Durability

I'm considering a pair of the Rally XC pedals to use on my MTB (and Gravel bike).  Most of my mountain biking is in the midwest where the occasional pedal strike is unavoidable.  How durable are the Rally pedals?  Any experience with pedal strikes / damage to the power meter spindle from an occasional strike?  

• Ive been using my XC200 pedals for about a year now with no issues or concerns.  I ride in the midwest and have had several pedal strikes (Unintentional).  The pedals have been durable and the data has been consistent.  No issues that I can tell from the pedal strikes.

• I had my fair share of pedal strikes, no problems so far. Please be aware that the Rally pedals are significantly larger (“thicker”, sorry, I don’t have the correct term in English) than a Shimano XT SPD pedal, so you might encounter more pedal strikes with the Rallys.

• During a ride last July, I snapped the cage off with one particular pedal strike. Replaced under warranty. Disappointed that they weren't as durable as my 10 year shimano 540s which cost around £30.