This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using loctite on RS200 battery cover?

My cover was getting loose and caused the power meters to turn off.I'd like to avoid this again so I want to use blue (medium) loctite.

Anyone know if there might be an issue by doing this?

• Have you spoken to Garmin Support about this?  Garmin power pedals have been on the market since 2013, and Vector 3's were introduced nearly five years ago.  I don't think your issue has been raised before.

I think Garmin support might send you new battery doors, or perhaps new pedal bodies and doors.  I've never used Loctite, but would you want to go through dealing with it each time you need new batteries?

• If you torque the covers down with 5nm they will not come loose.

• I have had this on my right hand pedal and the cover fell off, during a ride. I tend to unclip from my right pedal more often, so wondering if a cleat rubbing against the battery cover, before it is properly engaged in the pedal, can cause this issue.

Replacement covers are expensive and on long lead times.

• I ended up doing a tiny dab of loctite and all has been good. 

• I will do same once I can get the replacement cover. Sucks to spend so much on the pedals and have an Achilles heel like this, then have to pay for a replacement and wait up to two months for it.