This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Are the Rally RS200 Pedals worth buying?- switching from Assioma

This question may seems funny & it is, considering I own a Assioma Duo :P. 
thing is my Assioma Right pedal is completly dead and after a lot of back-n-forth finally they diagnose the right spindle needs replacement. Out of warranty means I have to pay for it & they have been kind enough to give a discount on it. 197euro+57euro shipping add customs to when it lands in India and this doesn't look like a promising deal anymore. And I've been using it all this while as a Uno. Thankfully the lefft didn't go bad else it would have been a complete disaster. 

While integrated batteries are great, it has it's own issues. Like my Right pedal wakes up if it's connected to power if I disconnect it's dead. And I'm seeing a drain on the left pedal increasing, it looks like it will also come to an end soon. While Assiomas have had a great run I believe many peoples issues didn't go as viral as the Vector. 

Anyways hence planning to move to Rally & the question being - does it still have issues like it used to during Vector? Does the Dual side have connection or Right pedal issues? 

Would like to hear from users. thanks. 

• Based on my experience as an Assioma user on my road bike, with Rally XC 200 on my gravel bike, I would say definitely not. I got the Rallys about a month ago and have had numerous issues with them: lots of calibration errors, occasional lack of pairing (when they shutdown mid ride after a snack break then fail to reconnect), power phase dropouts (the right pedal power phase data drops out every 5 seconds), and generally wonky power data (yesterday did a ride with two friends, both of whom are 20-40 lbs lighter than me and both had crank-based PMs... early in the ride our power data was about the same, but on a long climb towards the end, while we were all riding right next to each other, I was reporting 30-40w LOWER power than them, and it was obviously way less than I was putting out...) 

I'm considering whether to return them and try another pair, or just give up and go with a crank based PM... I'm leaning towards giving up since I've had so many issues and I have my doubts about whether I can find a pair that actually works. 

In contrast, I have had no issues with the Assiomas - after two years the right pedal doesn't hold a charge quite as long as it used to, but still only needs charging every few days. Sorry to hear about your issues - these things can be quite a headache! I've considered just giving up on power data on my gravel bike but I'm too much of a data nerd Slight smile 

Good luck with whatever route you choose to go down!

• Hey Scott Thanks, 

I finally settled for the Rally RS200 this last Thursday. Used on my Roadbike as well as Fixed gear. Seems to be doing just fine for now. Fingers Crossed. 

• How's the experience so far?

• I have the RS200. I've been running them since September 21 on my KickrBike (I want L/R measurements). 

So far - Z E R O issues. 

Changed batteries one time and that's with around 6-8 hours riding pr. week. 

Auto-calibration just works, very consistent power reading, no spikes, no dropouts, no nothing. For me they just work! 

Just my 2 cents. 

• Which kind of battery do you use? CR1/3N, LR44 or SR44?

• CR1/3N - always! 

• I say yes and actually did switch. The only downsides are cost and having to calibrate manually on every ride.

Assiomas were very annoying for me, for one, the cleats felt very mushy and often didn't actually lock in sometimes for me. They don't use true Look KEO cleats which also made it annoying to switch between bikes if one had actual KEO pedals and the other had assioma (I have 2 bikes).

They SPIN SPIN SPIN, every time I started moving, the pedal would be spinning for a so long forcing me to be very careful clipping in. In an urban area, this was a PAIN.

Assiomas are obviously great meters and people love them, plus they get amazing reviews. I could not live with those issues, the garmin pedals feel and sound like like my Shimano ultegra pedals and work perfectly with my Shimano yellow cleats.

To be honest, I kind of wish I had just cone with a spider based system though and didn't have to rely on a third party pedal since Shimano just gets it right.