This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Decreases RS200 pedal power after 3.0 update

Hello, mates. Please help me figure it out. I use Horizon GR7 spinbike pedals with typical Magnetic resistance technology and transmission belt driven. I used the RS200 pedals out of the box and they delivered quite high power. I've never had a power meter before so my suggestion was that I have high body weight (98 kg), more or less regular weightlifting activities throughout my life and some past cycling experience. 

I am very confused by the fact than at high levels the power decreased about one and a half times but at the same time at the lowest load level with a high cadence, the pedals used to show  from about 110+ watts, to 25-30+ watts.

After the update, I calibrated the pedals several times using the Garmin Connect app and Garmin Enduro watch. Nothing changed. I fully admit that the pedals are now giving the correct power and I'm ready for a week's depression about their real physical form :). But why is the data so different from the data after 3.0 flashing in absolutely identical conditions?

My zwift profile here.

• Sorry for the formatting of the text, Сan't see the edit button and can't fix it. I will duplicate the above for easy reading.

Hello, mates. Please help me figure it out. I use Horizon GR7 spinbike pedals with typical Magnetic resistance technology and transmission belt driven. I used the RS200 pedals out of the box and they delivered quite high power. I've never had a power meter before so my suggestion was that I have high body weight (98 kg), more or less regular weightlifting activities throughout my life and some past cycling experience. 

I am very confused by the fact than at high levels the power decreased about one and a half times but at the same time at the lowest load level with a high cadence the pedals used to show about from about 100+ watts to 25-40 watts now.

After the update I calibrated the pedals several times using the Garmin Connect app and Garmin Enduro watch. Nothing changed. I fully admit that the pedals are now giving the correct power and I'm ready for a week's depression about their real physical form :). But why is the data so different from the data after 3.0 flashing in absolutely identical conditions?

My zwift profile here. Thanks.

• Are you still getting power from both pedals? I wonder if they lost the their pairing. 

• Yes, garmin connect indicates power is being drawn from both pedals

• do You have a not too old outdoor ride? (with road bike, if possible) from that we could be able to determine your real power output on bike. the sub2w/kg with 150bpm avgHR is a little bit low for me, so i doubt that it is real.

• Hi,

did you remove the pedals or loosened them by any chance? the torque needs to be at least 34Nm for them to work OK and ideally the same torque to tighten both pedals.
    If you are unsure if the values are correct, try to run the torque test:
    https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=AVZeQisZvi3oBYZUUZdPV6

if the values match real life weight values, you have the correct settings. What I have both read and experienced though, is that the pedals report values mutch too high while brand new and get to more realistic ones once they set a bit. Most people say you should run a few sprints to let them set, but the question is what does a sprint mean i.e. what sort of power to apply to start to get more accurate values. I think mine did set after more than a month of use, though am not as fit as a lot of people here Slight smile