This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rally XC replacement bodies vs Conversion kit?

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Rally XC replacement Bodies and the conversion kits? I have a set of Vector 3 pedals, and I can't get the conversion kit till mid august but I can buy the replacement bodies today. Wondering what I will be missing if I just buy left and right bodies?

• if your vector 3's have the most recent circuit boards and battery doors then xc replacement bodies which may well come with battery doors anyway, are effectively the same as the xc conversion kit.

• The XC battery door and water seal are very slightly different from those used on Vector 3 and Rally RK/RS.

The doors will work, but may undo with the extra vibration that an XC pedal set may get with off road usage. This is why the doors on the XC pedals are a little different to prevent that.

• so the question becomes , "do rally XC replacement bodies come with battery doors and water seals?"

• The pedal body replacement kit is also the rebuild kit so it does include the door and seals.

• I have the updated board and door, but I wonder if there is a difference in the nut between between the rally and the Vectors - When I chatted with Garmin today they said the swap kit came with those, and the single pedals didn't.  Not sure where the washer would go, the only washer I know of on the Vector pedals is the one to move the pedal out some from the chain to prevent contact, but I haven't disassembled one either.  I found a video that shows the use of the upgrade kit which said a 12mm socket was needed, but that's all I saw about it.  didn't see any washer in the assembly process 

• The only washer that Vector 3 or Rally uses is the spaced washer. They all you use the same spindle nuts that are handed for the left and right spindles.