This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vector 2 pedal pod (12-15mm) where can I buy it? - NEED OF URGENT HELP

Hello,

I am desperatelly trying to find Pedal Pod (12-15mm) for Vector 2.

One of mine has broken, and I cannot get another one, because it was discontinued from Garmin. I have tried from Garmnin Slovenia (my country), even Garmin Europe does not have it. No internet store has it anymore (some 15-18mm are left).

The only place I have found is in Australia, but they do not ship to Slovenia (or any EU country).

Please somebody help me! If not I have to buy new power meter, which is unfortunatelly to much for me at the moment.

Garmin has offered to give me 325,00 EUR for the pedals, if I buy new Rally for 1.119,00 EUR. But this means still apr. 800,00 EUR. But new assioma both sided is around 700,00 EUR. And I would keep the pedals. But even this is too much. My Vector 2 pedals have worked perfectly the whole time. Did not have any problems with them.

I still do not understand how can Garmin stop producing spare items after 6 years from the new product release!!! I know some electronic companies have for over 20 years of making sure, you can get the spare items. 

Thanks for you help.

Best regards,

Robert

• Hey,

i think ebay would be your best bet, get a used one.

i did a quick google search and came up with this: https://trek-expert.de/010-12337-01-garmin-vector-auf-vector-2-upgrade-kit-dicke-15-18mm-breite-44mm-schwarz-tu

its a upgrade kit but i think it comes with the pods you need. maybe give them a short message/call to see if its really aviable. for me it says:

Verfügbar - Versendet in 3 oder 5 Tagen

• Hey,

I have searched throught these uprgrade kits as well, but did not find anything. At least not for 12-15mm pods. Only 15-18mm are occasionally available. The same is in this link you have sent. Only 15-18mm. 

Thanks anyway. If you find any 12-15mm, please let me know.

Best regards,

Robert

• If you still have one good 12-15 then put that on the drive chain side. You can likely get away with a 15-18 on the non-drive side. It might look a little ugly, but should have enough clearance. 

• That would be the last desperate action. But would rather like to avoid it.

I would like to buy a couple of sensors, as I do not know when it will brake again.

Strangly the pod has broken as it was rubbing against the chain in the last gear (11 tooth). I do not know why it is rubbing (I have tested it now with an old defected pod. It is rubbing on the upper "chain line" (11t cassette - 50t chainring), so derailer fine tunning is not at fault. The cassette is also not loose. Last year I have bought a new bike, and maybe it was rubbing the whole year. On the last bike it was not rubbing (was enougf clearance).

As I have now measured, there is apr. 1,5mm space between the upper chain and the crank (on the closest point) in the hardest gear. Crank is Ultegra R8000. Clearance on my winter bike with 105 (5800) is apr. 3mm

Any idea how to fix this? 

• Hi Robert, i have a brand new set from 15-18mm on the shelf (i sold my upgraded V1 2.5years ago with the 12-15mm), I can give it to You , send me a private message here.

• Thanks for the information. I will try to get 12-15 first and if it will not work, I might take you up on that.

• I feel you pain Robert and am very disappointed with Garmin… I too need a replacement pod which Garmin USA have but will not post to UK, they have offered 30% off the new model … providing I trade in my Vector 2’s .. this is disgraceful in light of sustainability and product care. My Tacx turbo trainer needs bearings, Garmin 920XT needs a refurb but again Garmin has refused to do this because my products are ‘old’ and they want me to buy the new models which are not always better. I am keeping an eye out on eBay but thinking about moving away from Garmin because of its lack of sustainability on products.