This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connection/calibration procedure before each ride

I've done two rides with the new pedals but I'm confused by connection/calibration procedure before each ride.  I turn on Edge 830 and swipe down and select Sensors. Left and Right pedals display with a flashing dumbbell next to each.  I select the first (L) and calibrate successfully.  Then I select (R) to connect but it won't. Is selecting the right pedal redundant?  By connecting the left then calibrating, am I by default calibrating the right pedal too?  In Garmin Connect, when I select Rally pedals it shows both pedals and displays a green dot next to the right pedal ID# and indicates the right pedal is linked. What is the correct start up procedure so that I can be sure both pedals are connected? 

Thank you!

• It does not sound like your pedals are configured correctly.

You should only be pairing with the left pedal from the 830.

The left and right pedals should be paired to each other. When they are paired the Edge sends a calibration message to the left pedal. That in turn forwards it on the right. 

I would remove both sensors from your list of sensors. Look at the ID numbers of left and right spindles. Pair the left spindle to the Edge using ANT+. Then go down into the sensor details and see if the options says "Pair Right pedal" or "unpair right pedal". If it says unpair then they are already paired. If it says pair then select that and  enter the right side ID.

• Thank you, I'll give that a try.  Assuming that does the trick, what should I expect to see for Power Sensors when I power up my Edge 830 before a ride, only the Left Pedal?

• Just the ID for the left pedal in you list of sensors. 

• i just installed mine yesterday but i only had to pair the left pedal to the edge 830. whenever i turned on the 830 it found the pedals (after spinning the cranks for a second) and automatically asked me if i wanted to calibrate right from the main screen. very quick and painless process it seems, which is expected. no fumbling around in menus looking for paired sensors, it is all done automatically

• Thanks for the clarification!  I appreciate your quick response!

• Thank you.  I guess I'm making it more difficult than it has to be!  I really appreciate your additional guidance!